Diablo FR Park has Officially CLOSED….

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Yes, it is true, the renowned Diablo FR/Bike Park is officially CLOSED!!!! 😮

http://www.diablofreeridepark.com/

This saddens my heart tremendously, as one of the top FR/bike parks on the east coast has closed down. 😕 😢

Wow, really?! This is bad news.

It’s a sad day in the northeast.

At least one good thing out of this rotten deal…..

The owners of the Park said they would honor all 2012 tickets pre-purchased in 2011. Several of my friends goes up that way at least four times a year, and they are floored over its closing. That means they now have to travel to Highland Bike Park, a couple states further north, to get anything close to what Diablo offered. What a BUMMER!!!! 😮 😠

I love Snowshoe & Seven Springs, among a few others, but they are nothing compared to Diablo or Highland.

I was sooo bummed!! Its so close to me !

"pinkmtb" wrote

I was sooo bummed!! Its so close to me !

Yeap, what a BUMMER!!!! 😢

That was the talk on the trails this evening with the guys while throwing some dirt around. Will be sorely missed!!!! Hopefully the new owners will get their heads out of the clouds (more like a** instead of clouds that is… 😆), and let the previous owners do their thing so it may re-open. 😄

This just in from Pinkbike: http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Diablo-reb … -Park.html

Paraphrasing another adventure guy Mark Twain, “The reports of the death of mountain biking at Mountain Creek have been greatly exaggerated.”

In fact, it is the beginning of a new era. Today Mountain Creek announced that the Mountain Creek Bike Park, formerly known as Diablo Freeride, will open for the 2012 season Saturday, May 5, 2012.

After a number of years of obviously eroding commitment and investment, Mountain Creek has taken control of the Bike Park with the intent to return to roots and bring the passion and energy back to lift-served riding in New Jersey.

Our commitment to our customers and the riding community:

• We will rehabilitate neglected trails, including the repair of the critical section beneath the Cabriolet.
      • We will make significant capital investment into trail expansion and the operation;
      • We will establish a communication portal to collect ideas and feedback that we can incorporate into the design and operation of the park;
      • We will be transparent and share our plans and answers our riders questions;
      • We will employ innovative, progressive and professional trail design and construction techniques that will inspire and exhilarate riders of all abilities;
      • We will assemble a dedicated trail maintenance crew made up of like-minded riders;
      • We will expand and develop new natural terrain and environmentally sustainable downhill trails;
      • We will bring new elements like the Bag Jump air bag, demo’d by Aaron Chase in December;
      • We will utilize our dedicated and fanatical bikers on the Jiblab fabrication crew to develop signature features;
      • We will be a bike park run by riders for riders.

The name has changed. The commitment has changed. The mountain and the location have not.

Mountain Creek Re-Invented. Stay Tuned.

Lots of the commentators on the article are hailing this as an improvement!!!

From that article, it sounds like the new ownership basically got tired of the guys who were running and maintaining the park so they effectively ran them off and decided to start over on their own. Whether this does turn out to be good for the park is yet to be seen.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.