Destroyed My Bike, Time for a New One. Opinions?

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Ive been MTB for a while now pretty regular. I went everyday last week. Im a college student on a budget but about 3 months ago i pulled my old Mongoose MGX DXR (sad i know) out of the shed and ran through everything and got it working-ish. Well after biking carter road in FL (even the advanced trails) its finally been beaten and thrashed beyond repair. Derailer, brakes, rims, fork, its all shot.

Im looking into getting a Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc. I plan on biking Carter Rd, Alafia, Santos, and Balm Boyette. Im in great shape (6’0 165lbs) Does anyone recommend or vouch for this bike? Are there any others in the same price range I should look into? I do plan on upgrading some of the components as time goes on.

From everything I’ve heard, that’s a solid entry level bike! Specialized makes a good bicycle.

Thanks, I did end up going with the 2010 Hardrock. I got a good deal on it too. Now Ive just gotta start planning for some upgrades overtime. After todays ride….Im def. starting with the pedals lol

"MERCE006" wrote

Thanks, I did end up going with the 2010 Hardrock. I got a good deal on it too. Now Ive just gotta start planning for some upgrades overtime. After todays ride….Im def. starting with the pedals lol

Right on dude, congrats on the new bike!

you know i think the best deal for the buck comes from giant bikes. i have owned 4 different ones over the year and never had any problem with them. plus they always come with better shimano components for the same price as other brands
      plus i think they are very cool

I have a Specialized Rockhopper and a Giant Trance and I am very happy with both of them.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.