Click in crank area trec

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Hi I looked for a topic like this but I could not locate one
      I have a trec 3700 disk that is only several months old on my last ride it devoloped a clicking noise in the crank area I looked but I could not find any thing rubbing and I do not know what to look at next also the click is click clich only when I am riding hard and the pedals pass a certain position relative to the bike
      Thanks for any help you can offer

Crank arms may need to be tightened. If it is only a couple of months old take it back to the shop you got it from and get them to check it. 😄 Later,

Over the years, most noises like this I have found to be either pedal it crankarm related. In this case, tightening them didn’t work. I was pretty confident of the bottom bracket since I’d installed it myself. I poked around for a couple of hours without success. I removed the cranks and pedals and re torqued them, checked the pedal bearings, etc — no luck.

On a whim, I decided to see if there might be a crack in one of the chairings, and when I went to remove them, I found a couple of the chinring bolts just finger tight.

I took them all out, cleaned them and the mounting holes, and reassembled them being careful to torque everything properly.

Click is gone.

Just one more thing to try.

Both are great ideas to start looking for the noise…Sometimes the BB could work it’s way loose too.

For fun double check the seatpost and rear wheel for tightness as well.

I’ve discovered that grit and grime in the seatpost can create creaking/clicking that sounds like it is coming from somewhere else. Whenever I hear it, that’s where I start. Pulling the seatpost out and clearing out the grit is quick and easy. Might not be your problem, but worth checking.

I looked at the seat post and at all the gears and chain and they dont seen to be the problem 😢 . I am going to lisen to fat billy and take it to the bike shop to have them look at it thanks for all your sugestions

I was the padels that were the problem I pulled them off used some wd 40 and it was as good as new Getting new clipless pedals tommarro cant wait 😃

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.