City planning to build MTB trails

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Sandy Spring is a new city in north Fulton county Georgia. From the Atlanta city limits to Roswell Ga is the area of Sandy Springs. Just east of hwy Ga 400 is a Georgia Power right of way that has power lines for the dam at Morgan Falls. Sandy Springs doesn’t like the wild and bushy look of the right of way. On the news today they reported than Sandy Springs is going to see if Ga Power will allow them to build a MTB riding area. YAHOO! They are just talking about it but at least they are talking about it! There is only on road between the Freeway and the Chatahoohee River below the dam. There is an old land fill to use so it could be enough area for a major MTB park. There are also plenty of great woods. I realise it takes government awhile to get things done but having them talk about it is a good start. As I hear more I’ll keep you posted. 😄 Later,

Sounds great Fat_Billy, like you said at least they are talking about it.
      That means something good will likely happen. 😃

That’s awesome to hear!! Definitely keep us posted!!

Will it be local bike clubs building/designing these trails, or city employee’s?? Here locally, the city was issued a grant to promote fitness and after several, I mean several meetings at city hall, they agreed to fund and build a bridge that would access the property for the hike/bike trails.Our local bike club designed, built and maintains the trail network. It has worked out well and received positive press. With the dedication of town officals and our club members, we now have sustainable singletrack in our own back yards. 😃

"rsb201" wrote

Will it be local bike clubs building/designing these trails, or city employee’s?? Here locally, the city was issued a grant to promote fitness and after several, I mean several meetings at city hall, they agreed to fund and build a bridge that would access the property for the hike/bike trails.Our local bike club designed, built and maintains the trail network. It has worked out well and received positive press. With the dedication of town officals and our club members, we now have sustainable singletrack in our own back yards. 😃

#successstory #awesome 😀

I’m sure SORBA will jump in once it is done. Once it is approved the local shops and clubs will "Get Er Done". Give us the dirt and we’ll make it work. I work near there, hope they’ll allow spandex at the work 20. 😄 Later,

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.