Carbon saddle

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Well just got my latest addition to my bike in and its great.

On Ebay i found a seller who does much of his business online and is a good seller, who sells carbon saddles with no names on it which is fine by me anyhow it arrived and wow its great.. The seller is ABAXO and just type in carbon saddle and you will find it….The saddle cost $58 dollar and shipping was cheap…Best of all it only weighs 129g…That is 125g off of my present saddle….This saddle is the same thing as the Token saddle and some other brands at a fraction of the cost.

Mounted on my XC bike[img][img]http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo285/element22_syd/IMG_0768.jpg[/img][/img]

Thats awesome…is it comfy?

Actually its not bad it has flex….Just its rated for people who are 190lbs or less

Cool i have work with composites for a while as well….Mainly in automotive applications, fabricating componets for compitition vehicles. True carbon can be made very stiff specially in the orientation of the fibers but seeing that the load is perpandicualar to the fiber orientation there is some flex….The same idea with carbon bars. The carbon bar and saddle both have the loads that are perpandicular where as a frame seatpost have the loads running nearly parallel….

For $58 dollars and super light weight if i crack the saddle i could just get a new one…Heck even the saddle that was on previously was $150…As far as sliping i don’t notice much of a difference from a "leather" saddle to the carbon… Besides this is on my XC racer not my thrasher.

Anyhow i checked out your Sinister nice bike,love the color, i wish i could have one but wifey doesn’t let me near anymore big hills…..((I shattered my clavical))

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.