Broken Garmin 305

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hey guys, just recently I received the Garmin Edge 305 as a gift, It’s only been about 3-4 months since I’ve gotten it. However just going out on a ride with it, it became useless! Here’s the story, after about 2 hours of riding my bar end caught a sapling, I took a dive along with the bike, everything seem to be fine so I continued on, well turns out it wasn’t fine, one of the zip ties on the GPS holder (that comes packaged with the unit) broke, leaving it loose. So later I was just some major roots and small rock gardens, and I look down and my screen appears cracked, well it’s not, only the crystals perhaps.

ANYWAYS, how is the repair service for Garmin? I’ve heard they have relatively good customer service.

Whoa, at first glance I thought you had color maps on your Edge 305. Those blue crystals look like lakes 😀

I broke a GPS once and didn’t have a great experience with Garmin customer service. I mean, they were nice and all but to fix my eTrex it was a minimum of $125 (not much less than a new GPS).
      http://www.singletracks.com/blog/gps/wh … rex-vista/

Can you see anything on your screen at all? I’d be tempted to keep rolling if it were just part of the screen that was damaged…

funny that you should say that, because one part of the screen does work, it’s the bottom part that looks like a triangle, I had it set to have my total distance displayed there, so for the most part I can see what I’ve ridden. Meaning I can still start it, and then plug into the computer. The only bad thing is, I won’t be able to actually use it while riding I guess. So it’s basically half a GPS.

Ya, I brought my garmin Vista HCX out riding with me once. I crashed hard early, the first thing I thought of as i’m getting up is, Ah shit my gps. luckfully it was ok. But I took it right back to the truck. That was the first and last time I took it mtbing. I know this dosn’t help you, good luck any how.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.