Bring a kid mt biking

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author

Oct 4th is IMBA’s "Bring a kid mt biking day" Thought I would let you know. I will be bringing my 2 oldest dauhters (10 & 12) to a local trail with some othe dads and kids. http://www.imba.com/news/news_releases/ … tkmbd.html

Im fifteen …. but i live in Aus … 😢

What a great idea….

This year i purchased a Opus hardtail for my nephew and have taken him on a few rides, i think it would be great to bring him that day to a nice place around here in the GTA.

Those reading this with interest should check with your local mountain bike club / organization because many are putting on an event type setup. IMBA is sponsoring many and they could have door prizes, items to give away, prizes for some neat little events for the kids, etc.

ODN

Sorry, here is a link to some registered events for "Take a Kid mountain biking".

http://www.imba.com/resources/kids/location.html

ODN

Wow, nothing organized for Colorado, I’m going to talk to a couple of clubs that I know and see if we can put something together. Thanks for the heads up brianw

D’OH! This is a year old thread.

Here’s the info for the 2009 event:

http://www.imba.com/resources/kids/index.html

None in Utah either…I’m assuming it’s just not on the schedule *yet*

Nice. I think I will contact my LBS to see if they do anything for this. At the very least, it gives me time to plan a day of fun for me and my boy! Thanks for the info.

Right there with you Fleetwood. I need to look into this and see if I can get anything started.

The BAADR Mountain Bike Club of Tampa Bay is going to plan an event this year as well. I am just now getting the ball rolling on this. Since our club is Family and Kid focused anyway, it just makes since for us to have a large event for this day. The VP of our club is also the new Trips for Kids Tampa Chapter President….

"maddslacker" wrote

D’OH! This is a year old thread.

Sometimes reviving a year old thread is a great thing. 😉

Ohhhh cool beans, I think when it comes to roll around this year, I’ll bring my little bro along, I know he already bikes a bit, but we don’t often get to do anything together. Sounds like an interesting organized event. Like others, I’ll contact the LBS and see what’s hanging with them or anything in the FOTW.

My wife and I are planning on putting together a ride for the Take a kid riding day in Oct. We want to get more kids involved with riding. I got my 10 year old son a Cannondale Rush for Christmas, he amazes me watching him.

I believe my family will get to participate in our first one this year and it sounds like its gonna be a great time!

The IMBA website shows no events in Richmond, which is surprising. I’ve emailed the LBS twice about events they might be involved with or aware of in the Richmond area, and have received no response. A little disappointing. I’ll have to ask about it in person next time I’m in there I guess.

I was discussing this with my wife over the weekend and thought maybe I should take the initiative to organize a local event for 2010. Of course, I have no experience or knowledge of how to do such a thing, so if anyone has organized something like this and would like to share some tips, I’d be appreciative.

Since my son has only recently started riding, I think we are going to stay off the singletrack for now, but I’ve been wanting to explore Henricus Park, so we may go there and ride the Dutch Gap Trail.

Viewing 16 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.