Bombardier Updates: Looking for a kick ass bike mechanic?

Singletracks Mountain Bike News, Reviews, MTB Trails and Community Protected: Forums Mountain Bike Forum Bombardier Updates: Looking for a kick ass bike mechanic?

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

For those of you who know forum regular Bombardier I just got off the phone with the man himself and wanted to give everyone an update. Bomb’ is currently enrolled at Barnett Bicycle Institute in Colorado Springs and is set to graduate early next month. He’s without internet access at the moment but can respond to email if you need to get in touch with him.

Joel is looking for a job as a bike mechanic upon graduation and he’s looking to stay out west – preferably Colorado, Utah, or New Mexico – so if you know of any openings let us know and we’ll get the message to him. If you don’t know Joel he’s a hard worker with sick knowledge about mountain bike stuff – any LBS would be lucky to have him!

Here’s my LBS, here in Colorado.
      http://treads.com/page.cfm?pageID=184

I use the Parker location where they previously had some inconsistent service but now under new management they are a place I’m willing to use and recommend. The Employment page I linked says "We’re always looking for great employees." so it’s worth a shot.

With CO/UT/NM as the area though, shouldn’t be too hard to find work in one of the many "meccas" in the area 😃

Thanks maddslacker, I’ll pass on the info.

It sounds like Bombardier is considering a job at a shop in Aspen (!) but there’s the pesky detail of finding an affordable place to live that may hold up that dream…

It seems like working in Aspen would mostly involve fixing cruisers and road bikes…

I here there’s a van, down by the river, that’s affordable there. 😆

I’m told it’s actually a Yeti shop where the average selling price on MTBs is north of $5K. Then again, Aspenites probably buy these bikes just to have something to cruise the greenway 😀

And yet they will need a tune-up every time the head out, just because.

[url:3a8fu0ar]http://ridewrc.com/page.cfm?pageid=62[/url:3a8fu0ar]

Check out WheatRidge cyclery at this link I provided,it says they have sevice technician position open and service writer postion open.WheatRidge would be a dream job for sure,especially if your a big fan of the place.Me and my brother got our bannana seat bikes here when we were in 1st. grade,so I’ve seen this LBS grow from a weed to a palace and it’s absolutely grade A.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.