Body Geometry grips slipping

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Hey there, I have a 2013 Specialized Hardrock Disc 26er which came with Body Geometry grips. The grips seemed nice until i noticed that they are slipping, quite dramatically. I don’t mean off of the handlebar but they turn around, about every 100 miles or so they turn 360 degrees. I usually took the grips off and back on to re-position them, but its getting annoying now. Does anyone know how to prevent this? -Thanks 😀

MTI

Bert do a google for mountain bike lock grips or something like that and buy a pair that lock. Yours I am sure just slip on the bar with nothing but friction to hold them in place. Grips that lock are tighten by using a allen wrench and then they wont slip, twist or turn. You can pick up a pair at any bike shop for no more than $20.00…or can go insane and spend lots more! Good luck.

I had the same problem with my 2011 Rockhopper. By the way it actually gets worse as the miles go by and actually pretty dangerous when you take a big hit and the grips give way on the bar and your wrists turn forward so get it taken care of. Man I sound like a control freak today 😬

Now FYI this may start a pretty intense debate like the clipless/flats pedal debate, cause people are going to say that lock on’s are too heavy or wear quickly, etc and there are other options. You may have just started something.

I use lizard skins lockon grips. I like that they don’t turn and are also a bit bigger in diameter than standard grips, which helps me, as I have big hands.

Slide them off grab your wife or daughters favorite hairspray spray it inside grip slide back on overnight to dry and good to go. Or I’m sure they sell spray glue but hairspray has worked for me and its always in the house.

"rade8u2" wrote

Slide them off grab your wife or daughters favorite hairspray spray it inside grip slide back on overnight to dry and good to go. Or I’m sure they sell spray glue but hairspray has worked for me and its always in the house.

I’ve done that, and 3M Spray Adhesive works good also. Have fun getting them off again, though…

This isn’t really what you asked, but the first thing I do on a new mountain bike is throw my Ergon grips on it. They’re so comfortable for a long day and they have clamps to hold them in place.

That said, I think the Body Geometry grips are locking grips. If they’re locking grips but they still slip, rub a bit of Tacx in there. http://www.tacx.com/en/products/tools/c … y-compound

Works wonders for slippy seatpost clamps as well.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.