bike hash

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

http://spacecoast.bikehash.com/

I found this while poking around on the interwebs. Looks like more of a social thing than hardcore mtb’ing, but looks fun. Does anyone go to these?

I’ve done hash [i:15xf89pv]runs[/i:15xf89pv] before and they’re a blast! Never tried MTB Hashing, though I did write a short blurb about it on the blog last year:

http://www.singletracks.com/blog/uncate … e-hashing/

If you go, take pics and fill us in on the details!

Cool, it sounds like a fun time then. I will definitely have to go to the next one. I found out about them a few weeks ago, but did not have a way to transport my bike. I finally found a bike rack(saris bones 2) that will work with my MR2 so now I can take my bike places and starts checking out some trails once they dry out.

Looks fun. I wonder if there are any in Virginia…

"fleetwood" wrote

Looks fun. I wonder if there are any in Virginia…

I haven’t heard of anything like that on my side of the state. Sounds like it is mostly urban centered. Richmond, Norfolk, DC area? If it involves having fun, Virginia probably has a law against it 😆

JDH

Hey guys, thanks for the idea. Posted the idea to the local biking forum and in the last few hours got a pretty good responce, looks like there will be a ‘lost hares society’ here in Anchorage.

I rode the hash ride on sunday. Definitely a fun bunch to ride with. We rode about 60% on road and 40% off road for about 16 miles. I will more than likely become a regular. If you like riding and like beer it is worth checking out.

There should be some pics up in a few days:
      http://losth3.lynnmannix.com/history.html

They had one this year in Davis, WV. They apparently do it all the time in Ski season up there and tried one this year on bikes, all singletrack. It went well and they are planning of having more next year. After talking to one of the guys I ride with, who made it to that one, it does sound like a blast. They put it this way, "It’s a bunch of beer drinkers with a mountain biking problem"…… I hope to make the next one.

ODN

"Outdoornut" wrote

They had one this year in Davis, WV. They apparently do it all the time in Ski season up there and tried one this year on bikes, all singletrack. It went well and they are planning of having more next year. After talking to one of the guys I ride with, who made it to that one, it does sound like a blast. They put it this way, "It’s a bunch of beer drinkers with a mountain biking problem"…… I hope to make the next one.

ODN

Could be right up your alley ODN 😆 Or mine too. 😮 Hope all is well. Make your son Malibu the hare. He’s too young to partake in post ride festivities, but he’s used to being chased by "a bunch of beer drinkers with a mountain biking problem". 😆 😃

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.