Best Trail In Florida Closing!

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

One of the best cross counrty trails in Florida is closing. The property is being sold and the new owners have given Dave Berger only two weeks notice to close down. This is a VERY sad day for all of us who have been riding this couse for the past seven years. Dave is opening the park from 11/01 to 11/04 for day AND night riding. Primative camping will also be allowed during this time. For more inormation go online to http://www.goneriding.com. If you have never ridden there and you are in the area, it is definately worth the effort to go there to experience it before it is closed forever.

my condolences. 😮 im sitting here imagening the mathews/winters trail closing here in colorado and having no choice of favorite trail to ride.where would you go after work,or the weekend,i can ride mathews/winters anytime and make up what ever ride i want.technicle,climb,smoothe singletrack,bomb the downhill,the hog back is massive technicle with spectacular views.or you could pedal your &*% off and hit some drop in turns at speed and hit the switch backs going up or down hill.i could go on,thats cause it is that kind of trail.well i really feel for ya down there in florida.oh the humanity.

What is it with those landowners in central Florida?!?! First Hard Rock and now Razorback?!?!

The landowners or the one’s who’ve come before them have already disregarded and destroyed the natural environment which once existed by cutting those quarries into the land.
      Then, when a fringe group finds value in their original assault on nature and the salvage land it left – you have entreprenuers such as the Bergers get in there and make something of the place – the fatcats have to come in and destroy it again.

I remember when the very similar situation occurred (again to the Bergers) down at Hard Rock when I lived in FL… Razorback wasn’t even known to the public when those @$%^’s who owned Hard Rock started opening the land and promoting motocross which eventually destroyed the trails there like a cancer.

Yknow…I’m sure this has been discussed, but given the limited amount of good terrain for mountain biking in Florida and the UNBELIEVABLE draw places like Razorback and Hard Rock have on people to make them drive from Ft. L/Miami, Jacksonville, Tampa, Georgia, etc. – You would think the state gov’t might step in if FL riders rally and get some land secured in central FL. If not the state…what about the City/County gov’t around Ocala…they have to realize what kind of resource they are sitting on which has been discarded by everyone except us!

I hate to be cold…but I had the opportunity to move to NC and I NEVER LOOKED BACK! I’ve become spoiled with 10+ trails within 30-45min of my house – and now, if I drive what I used to for a ride in FL…I’m screaming down the side of a mountain! (Not "screaming" as in speed – I’m literally SCREAMING…I just can’t say the exact words on this forum, heck some of them are not even in a recognizable language!)
      "Mountain Biking" was one of my Top 3 reasons for leaving FL – however, you would be surprised what kinds of terrain FL actually has to offer our sport. But I knew that no officials who run the show down there realize it – or care. And life to me was too short to wait that out.

Even with leaving…just about everytime I came back to Florida, I would set aside a day and drive the extra distance to ride Razorback…it was always a treat to see the old faces I used to every weekend and ride a trail with so much character and personality, it could only be known by one name – RAZORBACK.

Florida riders…don’t take this beating lying down.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.