Best of 2009?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I have a quick question about how the Best of 2009 works.

How is it really determined?

it is stated in the MTB Blog that

That leaves just a couple weeks for everyone to get in last minute reviews of their favorite MTB gear. The top products in each category are selected based on a weighted average of the following criteria:

– Average rating in 2009
      – Number of reviews in 2009
      – Number of member wishlist entries
      – Number of members who own the item

is how it is picked, however when I go to look at the "Best Hydration" the Dakine Nomad is Top Pick, when it only has 1 review for 2009, 2 owners amongst singletrack members, and 0 on the wish list.

Where as something like the Camelbak M.U.L.E. has way higher numbers.

Can I just possibly get a better understanding of how everything is being ranked here? By no means am I questioning the system here either, I’m just a curious person by nature.

"Asfyxiate" wrote

the "Best Hydration" the Dakine Nomad is Top Pick, when it only has 1 review for 2009, 2 owners amongst singletrack members, and 0 on the wish list.

Where as something like the Camelbak M.U.L.E. has way higher numbers.

Great catch! Just checked the algorithm and there was an error that prevented certain products from receiving a score. The M.U.L.E. is on top in hydration for now but it will be a few days before all the scores are updated…

thanks for the quick response, I’ve been scratching my head for a little while trying to figure it out.

BTW great idea for having the best of 2009. This is why I love singletracks.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.