Another new MTBer in Atlanta

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

I’ve been a lurker off and on for the past couple years here on singletracks and have really enjoyed all the questions, advice, and most of all, the friendly community. For various reasons, I was reluctant to take the plunge and purchase a bike, but after a recent tubing trip (where I saw a TON of MTBers having a blast in the nearby trails), I knew it was finally time.

Last week, I ordered a Trek 6000 and picked it up yesterday after work. Obviously I haven’t had time to hit any trails yet, but I did give myself a pretty respectable workout on a 6-mile jaunt through downtown Atlanta (and lived to tell about it – lotta shady characters in my hood!). I’m definitely heading out on the trails this weekend though.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and I’m looking forward to being a part of the community and perhaps seeing some of you guys around.

Enjoy your weekend fellas.

-Jimmy

Good choice in bikes. I think you will have fun. Let us know how everything goes and as you are already familiar with the site you know what to do and where to go if you need anything and of course always feel free to ask.

Welcome to the forum JimDay. Glad you made the plunge. I hope you enjoy that new Trek. Man, nothing like a new bike 😆

Welcome Jim. Hope to see ya out on the trails here in the ATL area. You will have a BIG time on that 6K…great choice for a 1st bike. Steve

Welcome aboard! Good to have another ATLien on the site. Have fun on the new ride but make sure to keep her locked up so nobody gets any ideas about giving her a new owner. I love the saying "ride like you stole it" but unfortunately that literally happens in some neighborhoods around town.

Welcome Jimmy

From the areas I have been in Atlanta I would say there are A Lot of shady people, 😮
      My advice is stay far away from the trucks stops 😆
      Anyway enjoy the new ride.

"jimday1982" wrote

I’ve been a lurker off and on for the past couple years here on singletracks and have really enjoyed all the questions, advice, and most of all, the friendly community. For various reasons, I was reluctant to take the plunge and purchase a bike, but after a recent tubing trip (where I saw a TON of MTBers having a blast in the nearby trails), I knew it was finally time.

Last week, I ordered a Trek 6000 and picked it up yesterday after work. Obviously I haven’t had time to hit any trails yet, but I did give myself a pretty respectable workout on a 6-mile jaunt through downtown Atlanta (and lived to tell about it – lotta shady characters in my hood!). I’m definitely heading out on the trails this weekend though.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and I’m looking forward to being a part of the community and perhaps seeing some of you guys around.

Enjoy your weekend fellas.

-Jimmy

Hows it going with the new bike?

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.