Another 40-Something Newbie

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Hey Everyone!

Just got into the sport recently and purchased a DB Overdrive Sport 29er as my first bike. Glad to see there are a lot of guys in my age range just starting out. Looking forward to learning from the community and exploring the trails in my area.

You’re probably the median age! Welcome, and get ready to become addicted!

"gar29" wrote

You’re probably the median age! Welcome, and get ready to become addicted!

Thanks! Yeah, I caught the bug already. I’ve been using google earth just to look at trails. Ha ha!

"PistolPete916" wrote

[quote="gar29":1gvagvxo]You’re probably the median age! Welcome, and get ready to become addicted!

Thanks! Yeah, I caught the bug already. I’ve been using google earth just to look at trails. Ha ha![/quote:1gvagvxo]
      It’s a very handy tool! Don’t forget to check out trail descriptions and updates on the trails page, its a very handy resource, especially for trails you haven’t ridden.

I started here in Jan. I’m 56. Sometimes feel like I am committing suicide but I am gettin better! Gettin a little cocky and that is when I get hurt!LOL Welcome and I think this is a great sport and a great site!
      Bill

"fishboy316" wrote

I started here in Jan. I’m 56. Sometimes feel like I am committing suicide but I am gettin better! Gettin a little cocky and that is when I get hurt!LOL Welcome and I think this is a great sport and a great site!
      Bill

Ha ha! Yeah, I hear you. Thanks man!

Don’t worry about being in the 40’s or 50’s! I rode Downievillewith a guy that was 65! And we rode not only the downhills, but also some of the tough uphills in the area! I will take him on the downhills, but man, he’d give me a run for my money on some of the climbs!

Like others have said, do not worry about the age thing, it is just a number. I am 45 and I am in better shape than I was in my 20’s. Just keep on doing it and keep working at it. And most of all have fun.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.