Always knew George W. was a good guy.

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • Author

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33489350/ns … gton_post/

"…Bush is planning his new presidential library and policy institute at Southern Methodist University — the alma mater of Laura Bush. He also has been spotted riding his mountain bike on local trails."

Republicans ride Mountain Bikes and Democrats ride seatless uni cycles, everybody knows that 😮

"Martino0626" wrote

Republicans ride Mountain Bikes and Democrats ride seatless uni cycles, everybody knows that 😮

Not quite sure what that means, but…..

… he doesn’t strike me as a guy who would ride a MTB. I can see him riding a hybrid on a local recreational path with his wife or something. But it’s hard to picture Mr. President Bush ripping up the trails doing a bunny hop over the log, down a rock garden and taking a 3′ jump at the end.

Hmm, wonder what he looks like in spandex?

I could totally see him on a hybrid cruising down a paved path. Isn’t this the same guy that crashed a Segway?

"Goo" wrote

Hmm, wonder what he looks like in spandex?

DUDE! Thats just wrong!

Better yet, How funny do Secret Service look in their Black suits carving up a dirt bank on a bike?

This actually isn’t new, the media made a big deal about his mountain biking while he was still prez.

"ChiliPepper" wrote

Damn, I thought we finally got rid of him. I guess not! With all the damage he has done too our beloved country and people want to bring him up here of all places. Things that just make you go hmmmmm. 😕 😕 😕

Sorry all, but this is truth, and fact that hurts many fellow country men and women to this day.

And here I thought this forum was about mountain biking.

I’ll take a mountain biker prez over one who hangs out by the back door smoking any day…

for my sake..please no politics

Agreed. I think we can all agree that all politicians are bad within minutes of getting into office, no matter what they said before they got elected.

"maddslacker" wrote

Agreed. I think we can all agree that all politicians are bad within minutes of getting into office, no matter what they said before they got elected.

just a rant here thats kinda funny to me (since were on the subject)

Politic….break the word down you have "poli" and "tic"…..poly (or "poli" in this case) in mathamatical terms means "many" basically. kay….and we as MTB’ers all know what ticks are…..pesky blood sucking parasites. Now what is any government full of…poli-tics…many blood sucking parasites.

this was told to me by an old random man that was out in his front yard one day after a tornado hit a rural town called Salem, AL. He was not a very happy person.

Man, no need to be sorry! We shouldn’t argue over things like that, it should be more like "What [i:2dz2cifz]bike[/i:2dz2cifz] was he riding?". Has it been stated anywhere? 😆

Seems Texans ride Treks…

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/8975240/

At least Bush was smart enough to wear a helmet.

Unlike this clown, http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washing … elmet.html

And it’s not a fluke with him, he apparently never wears one…
      [edit] D’OH! I’m the idiot, he is wearing one, the funny part is how small the bike is on him.[/edit]

JDH

Looks like Obama is a Trek fan also. Maybe Trek has an evil 😼 plot to take over the world.

This guy’s got it going on…

Heh…so is that MTB 1 … ?

Image 😃

😮

JDH

THANK GOD he is wearing baggy shorts and not thight red spandex shorts. Like in this post http://www.singletracks.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=3696

😆 Just had to bring this back as a reminder; if you are going to wear the tight spandex shorts PLEASE make them black!!!!

"maddslacker" wrote

This guy’s got it going on…

Heh…so is that MTB 1 … ?

Image 😃

that is pretty legit right there

"JDH" wrote

THANK GOD he is wearing baggy shorts and not thight red spandex shorts. Like in this post http://www.singletracks.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=3696

😆 Just had to bring this back as a reminder; if you are going to wear the tight spandex shorts PLEASE make them black!!!!

I’m not even clicking that link because I know what’s there…

"Goo" wrote

[quote="JDH":1fr0tpxy]THANK GOD he is wearing baggy shorts and not thight red spandex shorts. Like in this post http://www.singletracks.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=3696

I’m not even clicking that link because I know what’s there…[/quote:1fr0tpxy]

likewise.

I’m also glad he had baggies.

I long for the day when we have a prominent public figure who also happens to be a mountain bike advocate! It would bring some great publicity to the sport.

That being said… don’t we all hate crowded trails? It’s almost like we have our own secret society. Mountain biking is, hands down, a counter-culture and the mass of knowledge the riders have and hold is astounding.

We need a secret handshake that doesn’t involve bleeding on each other.

"Fitch" wrote

I long for the day when we have a prominent public figure who also happens to be a mountain bike advocate! It would bring some great publicity to the sport.

That being said… don’t we all hate crowded trails? It’s almost like we have our own secret society. Mountain biking is, hands down, a counter-culture and the mass of knowledge the riders have and hold is astounding.

You do have a good point. My one hope, though, is the more riders that we have = the more trails we have to ride. If an increase in the number of mountainbikers leads to a direct increase in the number of trails built or deigned legal to ride, then i would be all for a rapid increase in the popularity of the sport!

But if our current trails become overcrowded without more trails being opend to mtb’s, then i say we keep them for ourselves!! Then we need to become eliteist (sp?).

More of a Secret Shoulder bump, like when you pass a slower racer on a tight trail. Nothing too rough, not enough to cause harm, just to let them know you there and you understand.

Cool, So your walking down a crowded street and a guy you seen on the trail is coming the other way, You pass by eachother and bump shoulders, Everyone else is cluelss and only you know. Unless of course the guy behind you knows, then you just made a trail buddy!

Okay thats too much 😏 😏

"Goo" wrote

You do have a good point. My one hope, though, is the more riders that we have = the more trails we have to ride. If an increase in the number of mountainbikers leads to a direct increase in the number of trails built or deigned legal to ride, then i would be all for a rapid increase in the popularity of the sport!

I think that’s only possible up to a certain point. The population is already outgrowing the land that we are able to MTB on, and we already are in the "battle with hikers" with that supposed land. I mean sure, there are plenty of places that trails could be made, but there are many environmentalist who wouldn’t even dream of giving it up, let alone the government too I’m sure. Or something like that.

"Asfyxiate" wrote

[quote="Goo":3j8j24h6]You do have a good point. My one hope, though, is the more riders that we have = the more trails we have to ride. If an increase in the number of mountainbikers leads to a direct increase in the number of trails built or deigned legal to ride, then i would be all for a rapid increase in the popularity of the sport!

I think that’s only possible up to a certain point. The population is already outgrowing the land that we are able to MTB on, and we already are in the "battle with hikers" with that supposed land. I mean sure, there are plenty of places that trails could be made, but there are many environmentalist who wouldn’t even dream of giving it up, let alone the government too I’m sure. Or something like that.[/quote:3j8j24h6]

what if, say, the amount of trails at locations where mtb trails already exist just grew? For instance, Bull Mountain has roughly 45-50 miles of trail. Let’s say there’s a 50% increase in the number of mountain bikers. If another 25 miles of trails were added, do you think that would compensate for the added traffic by spreading the people out? And do you think people would be willing to put in the sweat to build the trail?

On a side note, one of the coolest things i’ve noticed about Georgia is that it really seems like the trails (especially in the Atlanta area) seem to be growing in number and length quite rapidly. That’s way cool to me.

Anyone who wants more MTB trails needs to be against Democrats in general,and Obama in particular.

http://www.singletracks.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=3932
      http://www.imba.com/resources/land_prot … index.html
      and
      http://www.singletracks.com/forum2/view … hp?p=18819

I mean unless you don’t have the Kokopelli Trail, the Whole Enchilada, Porcupine Rim, Monitor & Merrimac or Bar-M trails on your wish list…not to mention the 24 Hours of Moab venue…

All joking and flame-bait aside, this is where it gets real. These are two bills that are sponsored by a bunch of democrats and that, if passed, will be signed by Obama and could potentially take away miles of current trails, as well as prevent lots of new ones.

So if you support Democrats, you should maybe just sell your bike and buy some boots.

what if, say, the amount of trails at locations where mtb trails already exist just grew? For instance, Bull Mountain has roughly 45-50 miles of trail. Let’s say there’s a 50% increase in the number of mountain bikers. If another 25 miles of trails were added, do you think that would compensate for the added traffic by spreading the people out? And do you think people would be willing to put in the sweat to build the trail?

On a side note, one of the coolest things i’ve noticed about Georgia is that it really seems like the trails (especially in the Atlanta area) seem to be growing in number and length quite rapidly. That’s way cool to me.

I am seeing the same in the IN/KY area as well as the Texas ranches. In IN/KY a lot of riders are getting together and building more trail in the parks that already exist. Look up the Brown County state park, they are over 25 miles with tons more in progress.

In Texas many of the ranchers are starting to buid trails and charging a land use fee (usually 5 bucks or so) to use the trails systems. With that you will get a bike wash, body wash and facilities. There are more and more doing it and it give us a wide variety of trails

"maddslacker" wrote

So if you support Democrats, you should maybe just sell your bike and buy some boots.

democrats 😈 😈

"eric-29er" wrote

In Texas many of the ranchers are starting to buid trails and charging a land use fee (usually 5 bucks or so) to use the trails systems. With that you will get a bike wash, body wash and facilities. There are more and more doing it and it give us a wide variety of trails

Thats a really cool concept… land owners making money by putting mtb trails on their land! I like it! but places with as much land as texas are few and far between.

Viewing 30 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.