Airborne cycles Taka

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

What do you guy’s know abount the taka from airborne? like, how solid is it, and how are the components, just give what you know or have heard, Thanks.
      Wild West jake

Its a good "bang for the buck" bike. If you got it expect to replace some components down the road. It has all the suspension travel you would want but not much tune-ability in the front or rear. The crank was one thing i looked up and read some bad reviews on, one of which said that he BROKE the crank arm in half. So i would look into investing into a better and stronger crankset and bottom bracket soon. But that was about it other than the some of the other stuff like the derailluer being slightly sub-par comapred to what should be on a downhill bike.

I own a Taka, and it is the most affordable DH bike around. The frame is totally bomber, and the components are pretty decent, but they aren’t the most expensive components out there. However, you can always upgrade as you go along & break stuff. Be sure to check out my full review here:

http://www.gregridestrails.com/2010/10/ … eview.html

Thanks guys, I’m 5-6 or 5-7, give or take and still growing, what size should I get, rember, I’m still growing! 😃

"wildwestjake" wrote

Thanks guys, I’m 5-6 or 5-7, give or take and still growing, what size should I get, rember, I’m still growing! 😃

I’m 5′ 7" and have the 17" frame, and I can make it work, but I wish I had a size smaller.

I own a trail bike in the size and i’ts a bit big, but I don’t want to spend my whole summers earnings next year too.

"wildwestjake" wrote

I own a trail bike in the size and i’ts a bit big, but I don’t want to spend my whole summers earnings next year too.

How old are you? How tall are your parents?

14, I’m adopted.
      😆

"wildwestjake" wrote

14, I’m adopted.
      😆

Haha sorry well I guess that isn’t much help! You might want to go for a medium then….?

Yep, thats what i’m gona do then! What do you run for a pedal on it? I was thinking V.P’s general flats, I ride them for cross crountry ( no I don’t do clips) and love um!

"wildwestjake" wrote

Yep, thats what i’m gona do then! What do you run for a pedal on it? I was thinking V.P’s general flats, I ride them for cross crountry ( no I don’t do clips) and love um!

I’m a slave to clipless pedals… so yeah 😉

Thanks greg! 😃

One last thing, did you buy direct or through a shop, because if you bought it direct, I’d like to know the total price estimate, I’m trying to configure budget. Thanks. 😀

"wildwestjake" wrote

One last thing, did you buy direct or through a shop, because if you bought it direct, I’d like to know the total price estimate, I’m trying to configure budget. Thanks. 😀

Well first they aren’t sold thru shops so you have to buy direct, and second I was on the flight crew for 2 years so I got mine for free! 😃 sounds like they are almost out of takas too… But 17 inch is one of the sizes they have several left of.

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.