AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I am bummed

Tagged: 

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author

I hate rain. It seems to rain or been generally crappy whenever I try to go ride… I am going insane!! I like snow you can still go have fun.. rain is just cold/wet and makes trails nasty.. 😢

Rant over

I dunno, Id think rain would be GREAT! cant really say i know cuz it dont ever rain in SoCal. just gets freakin hot! But back in the day, when it would rain and rain and more rain my dad would take me and my brother to the flooded part of the river and we ride thru that. we would see who could smash the most Carp. but that was in Indiana. But i guess we just have to work with what we got, eh.

BTW nice pics.

i hear ya, this rain sucks, its cold and windy and you cant really go out and ride, i tried to do some urban riding but its so cold and windy the ride didnt last very long, im wondering what Pueblo is like right now it be time to make a trip down that way if its nice enough down thier.

"trailrider247" wrote

… im wondering what Pueblo is like right now it be time to make a trip down that way if its nice enough down thier.

From: [url:31ce7a9x]http://www.lakepueblotrails.org/doc_display.asp?dpath=Arch_Control&Mitem=324[/url:31ce7a9x]

Trail Conditions: 05/13/2010.
      The trails are still dry. Forecasted rain this afternoon.
      Expect … Excellent conditions.

You might want to check tomorrow to see if the forecasted rain showers came to pass/had any effect. I’m considering heading down there on Friday the 21st, weather permitting.

Yeah the rain always invokes a big personal debate. Do I ride through the muck and have a totally bitchin’ time on the trails? Or do I take the high road and try not to destroy the sweet singletrack?

I have to admit that I do a little bit of both, sometimes to the detriment of the wet spots of the trail. It’s been a long winter.

We don’t hate the rain too much here in Florida, afternoon showers mean nice packed trails later in the day or in the mornin’, so we don’t say "damn it’s rainin’", We say ":D it’s trail packin’".

The only rain we get this time of year in Phoenix is when we turn on our sprinklers, or when Pacman Jones is in town. 😃 It’s getting to the point where we have to ride before 9am, or head up to Sedona for the day.

Yea we’ve had rain here in Virginia most of the week, but it was getting dry. Funrover, I feel the same way about snow as you do about rain. I can’t ride in that stuff. Rain, I can always find a higher drier trail and just get wet if I have to. It will prepare me for riding in Slatyfork this summer 😆 Sun is coming out now- hope to get my ride on tonight. 😃

Know exactly where you are coming from CCR. Same thing here. Haven’t been out since last Sunday. Got out at 11:45pm for a night ride around town last night but no trails. Hope the rain is over this evening and I can get on the trails tomorrow. Hope you can get out this weekend.

ODN

I know what you mean…my last three group rides have been cancelled 😢

Well our forecast here in WV looks great so it’s off to the trails. Hope everyone has the opportunity to roll some sweet trails on such a fine day.

ODN

Forecast for Colorado springs, Co looks promising for tommorro, we did get some light rain but not enough to soak the trails to bad i dont think… happy trails everyone 😎

It’s sunny and nice up here in Greenwood Village today.

"Outdoornut" wrote

Well our forecast here in WV looks great so it’s off to the trails. Hope everyone has the opportunity to roll some sweet trails on such a fine day.

ODN

Yesterday I had a great ride. Missed all the thunderstorms too. ODN I hope you got a good one in too.

Funrover – has it dried out yet? I can’t imagine that the rain would hang around too long in Colorado. Hopefully your wheels will roll soon.

the rain just dried out today a little bit, so its time to hit the trails and make the most of it until the next storm rolls in, also we get quite a bit of rain here in Colorado considering it rains almost every afternoon during the summer, we dont get as much rain as some places but i like to think we get are fair share of rain.

Yeah, it’s sunny and beautiful here now, I’m not sure what he’s on about… 😼

"CraigCreekRider" wrote

[quote="Outdoornut":2aicmw1a]Well our forecast here in WV looks great so it’s off to the trails. Hope everyone has the opportunity to roll some sweet trails on such a fine day.

ODN

Yesterday I had a great ride. Missed all the thunderstorms too. ODN I hope you got a good one in too.

Funrover – has it dried out yet? I can’t imagine that the rain would hang around too long in Colorado. Hopefully your wheels will roll soon.[/quote:2aicmw1a]

Yesterday I went on a pavement ride, it was dry, HOWEVER at one point looking back where I lived was in a bad storm. Got back home and the better half said it down poured for awhile while I was out!

it’s trail packin’ in central Fl. 😃

Back into 2 days of steady rain here in VA. My Monday night ride is lost for tonight. 😢
      Maybe tomorrow.

Viewing 18 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.