A better helmet?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Last May I was in an accident and trashed my helmet, a Bell Adrenaline model. I replaced it with another Bell Adrenaline helmet. The new one just doesn’t fit that great. I have the strap out as long as it will go and it still feels like I’m being choked.

What are some helmets that are not one size fits all, good, light, well vented, and durable helmets? Giro? Sixsixone? Fox? What are you guys in hot climates using?

I’ve gone thru 2 helmets and on my 3rd one. Started with a Bell yukon went to a Kali Armada which was great well vented and light ( craked it on a bad crash ) got 25% back from Kali and now I’m in a Fox flux helmet which is also light well vented and provides more coverage in the back of the head. If my LBS would have had another Kali in my size i would have gotten that instead but they didn’t so I go the Fox..

The new 66 One Recon Helmet looks cool but no one has one to try on. I hate spending a $100.00 on a hat I haven’t tried on. Probably order one anyway. 😄 Later,

+1 for the Fox Flux. Fits my big head nicer and way more comfy than any of the Giros or Bells that I tried on.

My son and I both recently picked up new helmets. We found that the Specialized helmets fit the best. In particular the straps seem to adjust the easiest and did not twist. Bell and others seemed to twist a bit and did not fit as well. I have the Tactic they retail for $70.00. 😃

I am currently using the Bell Adrenaline hard to beat it at $21.00. Also have nive Giro that I use with my roadbike and it is fantastic but I did not have to pay for it or it would still be on the LBS shelf.

I was at the good old LBS the other day and one of the employees saw my helmet. They told me I needed a new helmet. I knew mine was old but they informed me that it was unsafe. I went in and they showed me what they had. I have had a Giro MTB helmet for too long as they noted. The helmets they showed me were ugly and big $$$s. I had said before the 661 helmet looked cool. I decided to look around. I was cruising through the local Performance store. They had helmets on sale. I ended up getting a Ascent Vista, It had as many vents, good straps, visor, and adjustable rear support and was white. It was only $16.99! Fit me better than the Giros plus was adjustable. I’ve always been old school, if you have a $10.00 head get a $10.00 helmet, but this new hat is light, comfortable and fits perfect. I’ll due a full report apon my next dirt head impact if I can still type. 😄 Later,

"fat_billy" wrote

It was only $16.99! Fit me better than the Giros plus was adjustable. I’ve always been old school, if you have a $10.00 head get a $10.00 helmet, but this new hat is light, comfortable and fits perfect.

Only pay what your brain is worth. 😼

maddslacker, I think I proove almost every day on this site as to what my brain is worth. If it can make someone laugh it’s misson accomplished. Let’s hear it for the Frontal Lobe! It controls Primary Motor Cortex which is the mountain bike riding portion. 😄 Later,

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.