20mm hub suggestions

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hey guys and gals. I’m in the middle of upgrading a couple components on my FS to make it a little more sturdy for All Mountain type riding. I bought a Manitou Nixon at a great deal from pricepoint and I need to get a front hub that will fit the 20mm thru axle that fits it. I guess I could just have it laced to my old rim but it might actually be cheaper just to get a whole wheel. Any suggestions?

cjm

If you just get a hub and have the dough, go with a Chris King. It’ll take a few years to pay for itself, but it will when it goes on your third or fourth bike. DT Swiss makes some well loved hubs

From there, it really depends on how you define all-mountain. For my all-mountain riding, I like something that is really bash rated. Predictability is next. Then price and finally weight.

I am on my second set of Azonic Outlaws. I ran my first set on my gravity sled last year and they took a serious beating and are only slightly out of ture. I am riding my new set on my all-mountain rig and thus far couldn’t be happier. They are big time upgrade over my old Mavic Crossmax XLs. With a sub $300 price tag for the set it’s a good deal. At ~1100 grams in front and ~1300 grams in the rear the weight cost may be a little high for you.

Transition Revolutions come in at about the same price and weight. My regular riding partner is laying tracks with Revolutions this year. He has at least been content with the wheelset thus far.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.