Hello all!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

I’ve had a hardtail GT for about two years now, with the first year spent just commuting on it and the last year getting into single track. I’ve been having a blast learning to ride dirt. I finally pulled the trigger on a new Giant Trance X 29er and I am loving every minute of it. I learned the mostly at the park that is only a 10 minute drive from me, but am finally getting out and exploring new trails throughout the Bay Area and Santa Cruz. Just thought I’d pop in and say hello!

Cheers,
      -Sean

Welcome to the board lots of great info here and congratulations on the new bike, nice ride! I am fairly new to the sport and have learned a lot of things I didn’t know I needed to know on here. Ohh yeah and assuming your handle is in reference to the best hot hatch out there we’ll have to wax VW sometime!

Welcome! Love the picture, btw 😃

Welcome Sean! That’s awesome that you got the MTB bug and are having a great time. Nice bike (and picture). Let us know if you need anything or have any questions. We look forward to seeing more posts.

Devin P

Welcome! Congrats on the new ride! Real nice! What a fun sport huh? Will really let you know where your weak spots are! Enjoy that nice bike!
      Bill

Thanks folks! I took a skills class yesterday and there was so much information it was hard to take it all in, but I had a blast. I wanted to get rid of bad habits before they were really hard to break. I am so sore today I can barely walk, but I’d do it all over again in a heart beat.

And Jeremiah Johnson, yes, my handle is a reference to the original hot hatch, the GTI. It is one of my other overly expensive hobbies. 😆 We will definitely have to wax VW. What is your ride?

Great shot! I severely need to take a skills class myself so far all I have been doing is reading or watching the advice posted here and going out and focusing on one skill at a time and adding it to my rides, so far pedal/heel positioning and cornering techniques has been the major focus… still have much to improve.
      Nice car looks clean the bike looks good up there! I Just sold my 97 Jetta GT for a diesel liberty as I needed a 4wd and towing capacity, I’m building a building an ABA 16v motor for when I find a mk1 rabbit to put it in though. I know this a bike forum so sorry for the non bike photo all.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.