Reply To: Buying the perfect gift for a new mountain biker!!!

Okay. More confessions! I’m laughing, because the way YOU describe things makes me look really good! But the reason I’m taking flying lessons is to conquer my fear of plunging to my death from high places. Same with rock climbing…which I’ve only done at indoor facilities.

And as long as you just wear spandex for riding…I’m good:-)

The "nerve" part I’m going to take you to task on. There are some out there that would have another name for taking such risks. I can think of lots of other ways to get your adrenalin going and they don’t involve dying! Besides, I’m becoming rather attached to you RMB.

No, my friend won’t think I’m a moron. He is too good a person. He, his wife and daughter are like family to me. And as of last night, he knew I was on the forums because we talked. I don’t think he would try to find out early. I don’t know that he is forum reading kind of guy, but you never know!

So. When is your birthday?!

"steve32300" wrote

[/quote:2uhk8sid]So, another question. I know I’m going to regret this one. What do you all get out of mountain biking, besides getting really dirty, spending lots of money, and (I’m guessing) hurt a lot? Or is it because you all just like wearing spandex?!

Must be the nerve of somtimes riding next to a 1000 ft. cliff on a tight rope like peice of singletrack without any safty equipment,just us and the bike.Plust most of us here have been riding some kind of bike ever since we can remember.Oh,and the spandex does work better if worn without underwear.hahahahaha.But most mountain bikers wear short’s over there spandex.hahahahaha.I know I do.Plus a mountain biker is a true lover of the outdoor’s and yes the dirt.You shoud know that growing up here in colorado oohlala.

And here’s a laugh on me. So, after I read your comment about letting my friend know about this site, I sent it to him…and then remembered the way I found out about it was through him. He is so going to think I’m a moron.[quote:2uhk8sid]

He’s not going to think your a moron julie as long as your talking mountain bike’s or good freind’s.Especially one with a pretty face and bearing helmet camera’s for b-day gift’s.Your the best it looks like to me.But tell me though,is he going to find out that you are buying him a hemet cam by reading the forum’s here before the big suprise of opening his gift at the b-day party??

I am not a mountain biker…I know. Pitiful. I rock climb!!! I’m taking flying lessons! Does that make me a little more cool? Okay. Maybe not. Boot me off the forums. I am not a poser, though. I admitted upfront I was clueless.

Flying lesson’s,now there’s an expensive hobby.My riding partner is cerified in all kind’s of flying,stunt,commercial etc…got no bone’s with that.And the rock climbing,talk about dangerous and risky.My cousin’s kid that is born and raised up in vail is a rock climber,took 7th. in the nation last year in his age division of 12 yrs.
As for being clueless,I’m not going to touch that one.But your not a mountin biker either,so yes,off to the alligator filled river with you.hahahahaha.but you gotta buy me a b-day gift first.hahahaha.

😳