Reply To: I need a pedal bike not a Conan the pedal and crank arm destroyer. Midatlantic b

Some of these bikes have extremely low bottom brackets, which I don’t think is going to fit with what the OP is looking for. I don’t know the geo off the top of my head of all these bikes, but I don’t think the Transition Spur or Evil are going to suit you well. These days, you’re honestly looking at getting a bike that’s more XC focused, as they aren’t going to be on the ‘extreme’ end of geometry. Or, you could always buy a bike and increase the fork travel on it (if possible), get a taller lower bottom bracket cup (if possible), buy a 27.5″ bike and put a 29″ front wheel on it (if it fits in the fork, or a new fork), angleset to steepen the head angle (which will raise the BB a tad), offset shock bushings, ride with less sag in your suspension, etc. Anything that’s going to lift the front end of the bike up will raise the bottom bracket that’s more inline with tight/twisty/techy riding.  You might also want to look into used bikes from the previous generation.