Reply To: Dropper SeatPost – Worth it?

When I got my new bike this past fall, I refused to use my dropper that came with it. Told myself that there is absolutely no reason to have one and that I should be able to do everything with the post in it’s normal riding position, and if I couldn’t, then I had to get better. Well here we are 6 months later and I can truly say I hate riding without one. My raceface turbine is in for warranty work at the moment. So I purchased brand x ascend post from chain reaction but have yet to put it on (waiting to get my rear wheel rebuilt from the shop). Now I will have 2 and will never be without one. I don’t use it so much for downhill sections, except super steep stuff. But when I see a down tree across the trail, instead of approaching slowly and rolling over, I simply drop the post and bunnyhop the obstacle without ever hitting the brakes. It’s way more fun!

On a side note, I was really close to purchasing a fox transfer post. But upon further research I realized that there isn’t one single dropper post that doesn’t have its issues. So why spend $350 when I can spend $150 for the same thing. I also purchased the wolf tooth light action remote which I think will go nicely with the brand x post.