Re: WTB Weirwolf Race XC 26 x 2.1 Tire Foldable 60 tpi

This is for Schwim’s knowledge only as he is the only one that replied to my original post 😢

I thought I would try a VelociRaptor front tire along with the rear Weirwolf. I used the folding version of the VelociRaptor front tire and WOW. I went to Tsali at 730 this morning and rode a little over 30 miles and was very surprised at the additional climbing traction I got with the front tire. The rocky area of the Right Loop and climbing up to the Overlook which is riddled rocks was great with that front tire gripping as it did.

The rear Weirwolf continues to be a great tire as well but does struggle shedding mud. The trail conditions were great but there were some muddy spots which I intentionally rode thru and that front tire really handled great where the back did slide but I can recover better from a rear tire sliding out than the front. I would highly recommend this combo.

I did buy a Velociraptor rear tire but will hold off until the wet muddy conditions of the winter. Just looking at it hurts my legs thinking about the rolling resistence.

I would also like to say that when looking to improve your ride take a serious look at tires and tire pressure. We all seem to know about the best shocks, brakes, shifters but think of it. Tires are the only things that actually touch the trail…until you fall that is.