The first round of the 2017 World Cup DH schedule kicks off in Lourdes, France this Sunday (4/30)! Thanks once again to Red Bull, race fans can stream the events live or on demand on Red Bull TV. This first stop will be downhill only, but if XC racing is your thing, don’t worry. Red Bull will also be streaming the full World Cup XC calendar as well.
Last season saw Aaron Gwin and Danny Hart battling it out for the overall title, with Gwin eventually earning enough points to secure it. Danny ended the season on a high note though, taking gold at World Champs in Val di Sole. This season should be an exciting one, with several big names out (Steve Peat, Josh Bryceland, and Sam Hill) and many others switching teams.
On the women’s side, we’ll see if anyone can step up to challenge Rachel Atherton’s dominance. Rachel had a perfect season last year, winning all seven rounds on the calendar, and then capped it off by winning World Championships! Her winning streak actually started during the 2015 season; Rachel has now won an incredible 15 straight World Cup events.
Full UCI XC and DH calendar:
- April 30: Lourdes, France (DHI #1), Live on Red Bull TV 11:00am UTC
- May 20, 21: Nové Mesto, Czech Republic (XCO #1), Live on Red Bull TV 11:00am UTC
- May 28: Albstadt, Germany (XCO #2), Live on Red Bull TV 12:00pm UTC
- June 4: Fort William, Scotland (DHI #2), Live on Red Bull TV 12:00pm UTC
- June 11: Leogang, Austria (DHI #3), Live on Red Bull TV 11:00am UTC
- July 1, 2: Vallnord, Andorra (XCO #3/DHI #4), Live on Red Bull TV 11:00am/10:00am UTC
- July 8, 9: Lenzerheide, Switzerland (XCO #4/DHI #5), Live on Red Bull TV 11:00am/10:00am UTC
- August 5, 6: Mont-Sainte-Anne, Canada (XCO #5/DHI #6), Live on Red Bull TV 5:00pm/4:00pm UTC
- August 26, 27: Val di Sole, Italy (XCO #6/DHI #7), Live on Red Bull TV 11:00am/10:00am UTC