Length: 20 mi (32.2 km)
Elevation: +388/375 ft
Total: 35 riders
Mountain Biking Hashawha
#78 of 97 mountain bike trails in Maryland
#11079 in the world
Fun network of trails (Approximately 5 trails, Loop 1, 2, 3, Stream Trail, and Vista Trail.)
Some climbs, some tech, mostly fast singletrack. Back in the day there used to be Tuesday evening rides, 6PM, at the pond parking lot. Haven't ridden here in 10+ years.
Multi-use trails, so please be respectful!
Before you go
- No Drinking water
- No E-bikes permitted
- No Fat biking allowed in winter
- No Fee required
- No Lift service
- No Night riding allowed
- No Pump track
- No Restrooms
- From Main St in the center of downtown Westminster, take Rt. 27/Ralilroad Ave North.
- Continue thru underpass & turn right onto ramp for MD 140 West and MD 97 North.
- Continue on MD 140 West / MD97 North.
- Bear right on ramp leaving MD 140 onto MD 97 North.
- Follow MD 97 North.
- After passing the air park on your left and a plant nursery on your right, turn right onto John Owings Road at the park sign for Hashawha Environmental Center and the Bear Branch Nature Center.
- Turn left on Hashawha Road at the sign for Hashawha and Bear Branch.
- Park on the left hand side of the road, in lot by the small barn and pond.
- Alternatively, proceed ahead to the right hand turn into the Bear Branch parking lot.
Have you ridden this trail? Help improve this information