This is part two of our interview with pioneering mountain bike skills coach Gene Hamilton. If you missed part one, it’s right here.
In this episode, we ask:
- Is it possible for mountain biking to be bad for our health?
- What’s a mountain bike skill that separates pros from those who would consider themselves advanced or even expert riders?
- Are some bike tires better at cornering than others? Which ones?
- How has mountain bike skills training changed over the past two decades, in terms of the techniques and the skills you’re teaching?
- As someone who has won Masters-level DH competitions, what tips do you have for staying fast and fit at your age?
- Do you think today’s bikes make it easier for riders to go faster, or to have more fun? How much of performance comes down to the bike, and how much to the rider?
Connect with Gene and his team at Betterride.net.
Support this Podcast
- Review the Singletracks podcast on Apple Podcasts for the chance to win a free hat. Or drop your feedback in the comments below!
- Make a donation to help sustain future episodes
- Become a Singletracks Pro Supporter