Dr. Kristin E. Keim is a sports psychologist and a member of the US Olympic Committee Sport Psychology and Mental Training Registry. She has helped countless individual athletes and teams achieve their goals using a holistic, strength-based approach to sports psychology. (Click here for Dr. Keim’s complete bio).
In this interview, we ask Dr. Keim:
- What are some of the areas where athletes like mountain bikers face mental challenges?
- Is it common for athletes to incorporate mental skills training into their preparations?
- Do you have any tips for helping folks get through a tough workout, or even just a really tough part of a ride?
- Is positive visualization an important part of developing a winning mindset?
- What are some things that make it tough to stay motivated?
- Are there any shortcuts to developing confidence? How do we get it back after a crash?
- Is happiness connected to athletic performance?
- Do you get nervous before a race or competition? How do you calm your nerves?
Connect with Dr. Keim and find out about the services she offers through Keim Performance Consulting at keimperformanceconsulting.com.
The Singletracks podcast is brought to you by TPC — The Pro’s Closet.
Spring is the perfect time to upgrade, and TPC has an industry-leading selection of new and Certified Pre-Owned bikes, plus frames, wheels and accessories. Each Certified, Pre-Owned bike is inspected, tested and serviced, and every bike includes thirty day returns. Visit tpc.bike/singletracks and enter code Singletracks40 to save forty dollars on every order over two hundred.
Never Miss an Episode
- Listen on Spotify
- Listen on Apple Podcasts
- Listen on Google Podcasts
- Listen on Stitcher
- Listen on Overcast
- Get the RSS Feed
- View all Podcast Episodes