Ben Plenge is a professional mountain bike coach and founder of The Strength Factory. He’s trained pro riders and also hundreds of amateurs over the years both in person and online.
- Why did you choose to focus on strength and fitness training for mountain bikers specifically?
- According to your website your most popular workout program is Bodyweight Strength. Is there a limit to the effectiveness of these simple exercises?
- What are some ways to improve riding fitness that don’t take time away from “just for fun” rides?
- What’s different about how pro athletes train versus amateurs? Are some riders born faster than others?
- What’s different about MTB strength training in your 40s versus your 20s?
- Why do riders tend to experience more pain as we age?
- Does becoming a better climber make you a faster descender? (enduro, personal experience)
- Is there a certain body type that works best for certain types of riding?
- What’s the #1 misconception mountain bikers have about strength and fitness training?
Connect with Ben and learn more at thestrengthfactory.uk.
Become a Singletracks supporter and enjoy ad-free browsing: singletracks.com/support
Never Miss an Episode
- Listen on Spotify
- Listen on Apple Podcasts
- Listen on Google Podcasts
- Listen on Stitcher
- Listen on Overcast
- Get the RSS Feed
- View all Podcast Episodes