Dr. Adam Phaneuf is a Doctor of Chiropractic with a degree in Exercise Science based in Bellingham, WA. He’s also a bike fitter and has studied bicycle biomechanics.
In this episode we ask:
- How important is bike fit to mountain bikers compared to say road or gravel riders? Even within MTB, is fit more important for XC than gravity riders?
- What are some signs that a rider needs a better bike fit? What types of improvements can mountain bikers expect to see?
- How does a bike fit work?
- How much does a bike fit generally cost?
- Can non-racers benefit from a bike fit in terms of comfort or other factors?
- What are some key component swaps that can be done as part of a bike fit, and why?
- How can you tell if your bars are too wide?
- Do you have a rule of thumb for setting seat height for mountain biking? Do droppers make seat height settings easier, or more complicated?
- What’s the best way to figure out the proper bike frame size? Are there certain key measurements buyers should consider?
- What are the challenges to fitting extremely tall or short riders?
This episode is sponsored by Explore Brevard.
Picture yourself in the middle of 100,000 acres of public lands and over 300 shredable miles of single track. A place often referred to as one of the top mountain biking towns in the country. Brevard, North Carolina has countless epic adventures for every kind of rider on tap. Whether you love rocky, rooty technical lines in Pisgah, or flowy lines in Dupont State Recreational Forest, or something in-between – Brevard has it all…in spades. Come discover the place often referred to as the Cycling Capital of the South. Start planning your trip at ExploreBrevard.com
Never Miss an Episode
- Listen on Spotify
- Listen on Apple Podcasts
- Listen on Google Podcasts
- Listen on Stitcher
- Listen on Overcast
- Get the RSS Feed
- View all Podcast Episodes