With an immediately recognizable name, a handful of sweet features, and unprecedented adjustability, Oneal’s Pike half-shell mountain bike helmet is well prepared for your trails.
The rear circumference-adjuster can be moved up and down, allowing you to change the angle of the helmet to better suit your cranial shape. Not all helmets include this feature, and I was happy to make use of it.
I don’t plan to throw myself down anything I haven’t already ridden in a half-shell helmet, so I am not looking for the same uber tight fit metric as a full face helmet. With the helmet’s adjuster wide open the Pike fits fantastically well. There are no gaps between my head and the padding, and the helmet stays in place with aplomb.
Considering the fit and features of the Pike, I’d say that €99 is better than a fair price.
- Actual weight 398g (size L/XL)
- Enduro/ Trail/ Freeride helmet with In-mold Technology for increased impact protection and energy dispersion
- Extended coverage at the back of the head
- Equipped with Fidlock® Magnetic Buckle
- Dual-Flow System with oversized vents for improved circulation
- 3D Multi-Positioning System for adjustment in 3 directions: up-down, front-rear, open-close
- Exceeds CPSC safety standard for bicycle helmets
- 99,99 € / $99.99
Check out our mountain bike helmet buyers guide and our picks for the best mountain bike helmets.