Reply To: Parts are breaking down – upgrade or replace bike?

Sure, I will let you know. For now, I guess I will need a few months to read more forums/books, ride more, try some bikes, break my current bike even better, warmup to spending more $$$ and do more maintenance : ) Lots of stuff to do.

Thinking about it… knowing that 25mph on dirtroad is "rad" stuff feels good (now need to learn to sustain the speed and balance better), and the first jump felt awesome (even though I hardly remember any details, other than horrible metal sound of my bike, and left leg hitting the pedal and burning from big scratches, but I didn’t fall!). My wife said that road biking is probably safer, but a) I think it’s boring without bumps, b) I don’t want to ride hundreds of miles at a time, c) my coworker said they ride 50-60mph, which I think is plain scary. Mountain-biking between the trees is also very scary, imo.

Thanks for sharing experience and advice. I just can’t imagine how people lived before. Where would they find so much help, good info, and on top of that do it at 00:30AM – you guys Rock : )))