Reply To: The 29ER DEBATE

Sounds like you’re saying that if you ride a technologically advanced bike that you have no skills – its all in the bike.

Funny thing is that once I upgraded to a full-suspension bike I was able to conquer tougher terrain and push myslef to new limits. I feel I am a much more skilled rider because of that not in spite of it.

Im not saying that people with the full suspension/29er bikes have no skills. You did make my point however. Im going to make a couple of assumptions.

1) You did ride a hardtail before you upgraded
2) You rode the same trail you did with the Full suspension bike as you did with your hardtail.
3) You could do more on that trail with the Full suspension bike than the hardtail.

Given those 3 assumptions. What was the factor that changed that made you excel now? Same rider….. Same trail…….. NEW BIKE!!!! Was it really you or did the bike make you more confident? Did your skills get better or did the New Bike take alot of the trail away and made it easier on you?

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t mean to be bitter toward anyone. I just like to feel the trail. To be more like the MTB pioneers, As mentioned in several posts before me. If you feel good on your new bike, then all the power to you.