Reply To: Where are all the new users?

[quote:pcs9g09f]New User here, this is my first time posting. Say just saying hello and introducing myself. I’m 23 from Baltimore, MD and just starting to get into MTB, mostly trail riding at the local parks ect. I have a newbie bike but I plan to upgrade in the spring before the weather turns nice again. Anyway, if any local riders want to hit the trails on the weekends let me know.

Welcome to Singletracks! Don’t sweat the newbie bike, we all start somewhere. But when you upgrade to a [i:pcs9g09f]real[/i:pcs9g09f] MTB, you’ll be able to tell the difference easier! What kind of bike are you starting with?[/quote:pcs9g09f]

Thanks! Right now I have a Mongoose Maneuver, it’s dual suspension, a cheapo MTB from from DICK’s. So far it rides alright though, no real complaints. Sometimes the gears are funny, like it won’t always want to go into the lowest gear, or sometimes I have to jump 2 gears to get it to switch. I think the cables still have a little stretching to get broken in. I have the 2 year warranty so I figure I can beat it up all winter and get the free repairs, then upgrade once I have more time/money to ride.