Reply To: Your best crash story

well yesturday was my first offical Mountain bike trail ride. Hard about this new place went down checked it out alone. . took trail to the right thanking it was for bigginers. For it was farly straight and smooth. But cruzing at about 20 I see a drop thanking in my head "all its the bigginers run so cant be to bad" then launching off the top I look down to see no ground. it was about a 40 foot 80 Deg. slop to the ground. I landed luckally on the trail about 10 feet down going 20 brakes applied I was in a full ski. down the hill and at the bottom is a turn. I told myself "you are not going to make the turn". And i did not right into the trees I went, layed it down Cut hand, arm , far-arm, elbow, Lt knee, right knee and shins. body hurts all over. but got back on bike and finished the trail. Going back I realized the hill is so steep I couldn’t even walk the bike up it had to go around what a first ride experiance and I loved every minnit of it. I thank i do need to adjust brakes though.