Re: Try and talk me into staying with mountain biking

Well to update I did buy a FS frame and will start the build after the first of the year. Stumpy I don’t sit while riding roots and other obstacles I was saying that I had tried both ways to smooth out the ride, the bounce is almost like when you ride in too low a gear and start getting frame bounce, just worse.
Jg, don’t take this the wrong way but, no shit Captain Obvious I know I’m a fat ass thats why I started riding. 😛 The good news is I’m not 280 anymore nor am I 255 anymore I am down to 248. And I plan on leveling out at around 200. I do ride concrete trails in the area one is a 10 mile loop that ride twice on weekends the others are 1.5 to 2 miles and usually do 5 to 7 laps on those 3 time a week weather permitting.
dg thats the whole problem I can’t have fun while I’m crashing or coming off the bike all the time. I’m riding 90mmx85mm pedals and Vans shoes. As far as riding faster I have incorporated cornering into my routine as well as slow speed figure eights to help me improve balance and help with switch backs. And I will check your website sense I will be needing wheels soon for my build.