Re: We want to hear your thoughts on 650b

"jeff" wrote

[quote="MTI":809im8ln]Hey do you guys know how the 27.5’s are selling in the bike shops? Are people buying them up?

I asked the same question at Interbike the past two years but no one could give me a good answer. That’s sorta why we decided to run the survey. So far it looks like a lot of people are planning to get a tweener bike but not many have actually taken the plunge yet. You first… no, you first![/quote:809im8ln]

My husband just bought Santa Cruz SOLO/5010 a week ago. He is however keeping the SC Nomad for riding lift access or GJ/Fruita (2 hrs away) trails. Nomad was great for front range riding (Apex and etc) but SOLO is great for trails in Eagle where now we reside.

I am 5’2" but his SOLO (sz small frame) fits me so he let me take it out on the trail and I really liked it, a lot. I told him I can now just borrow his 5010 when I am in the mood for skinny tire riding (I ride 9:ZERO:7, 32lb beast, all year long and love it). However, he made it clear that I can borrow maybe 1 more time and that is it and told me to get my own 27.5.