Re: Opened my own business!

Howdy guys and gals! Just thought I’d post an update, been too busy to spend much time in forums lately!

Things are going great at Southern Wheelworks. I’ve been really busy turning out wheels lately, and invested in a Morizumi spoke machine that makes my life a whole lot easier.

I sponsored Neil Beltchenko this year, aka gimmearaise here on Singletracks. I built him a crazy awesome set of bikepacking wheels (dynamo front hub to power lights/electronics, ENVE carbon rims, and an I9 rear hub) and he has put a boatload of miles on them. He won the Stagecoach 400 earlier this year, and had an AMAZING ride in the Tour Divide, beating the previous course record, setting the fastest rookie time ever, and finishing in 3rd only 40mins behind 1st place after more than 2700 miles!

There’s more stuff coming down the pipeline in the near future that I’m REALLY excited about, but can’t unveil it just yet. 😄

If anyone wants a t-shirt, I’m taking pre-orders for them now.

"Life is too short to ride crappy wheels."

Be sure and follow along on Facebook and Instagram to see the latest. I’ll try and do a better job of hanging around the forums here more frequently!

Photodump:

The new spoke machine.

Chris King Mango – soooo good!

Old school(ish) Powertap disc brake MTB hub.

White spokes flanking the valve

Project 321 Lefty hub

Customer’s bike