At Eurobike this year Pedroni displayed one of just 20 celebratory 20th-anniversary Lupo Carbon Gara enduro bikes, adorned with flakes of gold-leaf beneath the clear coat. The bike is a top-shelf version of their stock Lupo Carbon Gara and includes a build that arguably justifies the €7,500 (roughly $8,700 USD) asking price.
20th Anniversary frame spec
- Carbon fiber front triangle and 7005 alloy rear triangle (made in Italy)
- Handmade gold leaf graphics
- Ergal Evo Linkage 2.1. Sealed bearings.
- Ride geometry: optimum seat angle is at SAG position
- Internal cable routing
- Rear triangle dropout: Boost 148 x 12mm
- Bottom bracket: Pressfit BB30 73x46mm
- Adjustable shock progression, without changing the geometry
Gold flake build bpec
- Formula Selva Boost 160mm fork (made in Italy)
- Shock Rock Shox Super Deluxe (230x65mm)168mm rear travel
- 27.5” Alchemist carbon wheels (made in Italy)
- SRAM XO1 Eagle drivetrain
- Rockshox Reverb dropper post
- Formula Cura 2-piston brakes (made in Italy)
- Pedroni Cycles “Dark Black” saddle (made in Italy)
The gold-adorned version of this whip has all the same geometry and suspension features as Pedroni’s stock carbon Lupo Gara. The frames have a properly slack 64.5° head tube, in line with most modern enduro bikes, and an equally respectable 73.5° seat tube. The chainstays are 440mm across the size run, hopefully making up for the bike’s shorter than average 428mm reach (size medium) when the trail gets rowdy.
The rear suspension has a quick-release adjustable upper linkage that allows the rider to dial in the progressivity of the rear shock without changing the bike’s geometry. I hope to get a chance to ride the Lupo soon and will report on how this adjustment functions and feels.
This Lupo frame is available in sizes small through extra-large, and can be painted any color you like for an additional fee. The stock Lupo Carbon Gara frame alone (sans-gold) sells for €2,370, and complete builds range from €4,390 with a solid set of components to €6,220 for something more like the anniversary bike. Selecting paint and graphics options could keep you busy for a while when ordering this bike.
All of Pedroni’s nine unique bikes can be purchased directly from their online store. If you have questions about their bikes, and you don’t speak Italian, the good folks on their customer service team all speak English as well.