Atlanta-based Wahoo Fitness has added a new model to their popular lineup of GPS cycling computers, and this one includes augmented navigation features and a colorful screen. Check out the ELEMNT ROAM release below.
ROAM is designed to help cyclists ride further, longer, and explore new roads or trails. New Smart Navigation features can automatically route you back onto a planned itinerary when you go off course, create a new route on the fly, or help you find the fastest way home. ROAM’s crystal-clear 2.7” color display and 17+ hour battery life makes it easy for cyclists to navigate wherever their adventures take them. Like all Wahoo ELEMNT cycling computers, ROAM comes with a free, easy-to-use, smartphone-based app for initial setup and ongoing management.
Other new features found on ROAM include an ambient light sensor that automatically turns the screen backlight on or off and adjusts the brightness of the screen and Quick Look LEDs through changing light conditions, indoors or out; and an integrated out-front mount (patent pending) that gives ROAM a clean, sleek look. ROAM’s interface includes several new Smart Navigation features accessible directly on the computer, including:
- Get Me Started — Navigates cyclists to the start of their route
- Back On Track — Navigates cyclists back to their route if they take a wrong turn
- Take Me To — Allows cyclists to select a location on their ROAM using new pan and zoom functionality, and get directions to that location
- Saved Locations — Easily route to locations saved on ROAM
- Route To Start — Find the shortest route back to the start of your ride
- Retrace Route — Reverse your route to navigate back to the start along the original route
ROAM is available today at WahooFitness.com, and through all Wahoo dealers. This new class-leading GPS cycling computer is available for $379.99.
Wahoo computers play well with the Singletracks.com trail database, where you can link your Singletracks and Wahoo accounts to automatically download new routes to explore. Look for our full review of the Wahoo Elemnt ROAM after we wind through the summer shade with it.