The GP-NEMBA Mission:
The mission of the Greater Portland Chapter of the New England Mountain Bike Association is to promote and support the sport of mountain biking in the Greater Portland, Maine area.
The GP-NEMBA Vision:
The vision of the GP-NEMBA is one in which, as a result of GP-NEMBA's work:
- The Greater Portland Region will have an extensive network of trails connecting towns and recreational assets.
- Landowners and property managers will recognize GP-NEMBA as a valuable partner in creating and maintaining multi-use single-track trails.
- More people will ride mountain bikes, supporting local bike shops and growing the membership of the GP-NEMBA Chapter.
GP-NEMBA's Strategic Goals:
To fulfill this mission and vision, GP-NEMBA will:
- Provide expertise, manpower and funding for the design, construction and maintenance of trail systems open to mountain bikes.
- Provide a point of contact between mountain bike riders and the community at large.
- Develop relationships with land owners and property managers across the region with the aim of creating, maintaining or expanding sustainable trail systems open to mountain bike riders.
- Develop partnerships with other local organizations and groups interested in creating, maintaining or expanding sustainable trail systems open to mountain bike riders.
- Support social events and rides that promote mountain biking culture.