Cotic Bikes has redesigned its popular RocketMAX for 2020, and the Gen3 models gain an additional centimeter of rear travel to even this burly 29″ enduro bike out at 160/160mm. The largely UK-made 835 Reynolds steel frame also has a 1° steeper seat tube, and a stiffer downtube that the company developed in tandem with their neighbors at Reynolds.
“Progressive” is the theme with the Gen3 bike, stretching a 467mm reach on medium frames, stabilizing 448.2mm chainstays across the size run, and a 63.5° headtube angle, all spread between a 1262.3mm wheelbase for those same medium bikes. All sizes have an actual seat tube angle of 75.8° and a moderate 25mm BB drop, which should help the RocketMAX pedal through boulder fields just as well as it will plow through them at speed.
To better accommodate the bump in rear axle travel Cotic redesigned the suspension compression rate.
We have tweaked the progression rate, reduced the leverage ratio, and broadened the window of performance. The frame design is dedicated to big can, metric-sized air shocks for a smoother feel and more capable performance. For tunability, they can’t be beaten.
The extra travel and new kinematics bring an even more composed, plush feel to the suspension, making it feel more planted when you’re flying down those rock-strewn sections. The confidence inspiring support and shape-maintaining working edge is still right there, so it still has your back in the steep and deep.
RocketMAX frames can be covered in any configuration of parts you like, or you can choose form one of the following builds.
- £3,649 / approx EUR 4,160 / approx US$3,770 for the SLX based Silver build
- £4,699 / approx EUR 5,360 / approx US$4,850 for the Gold Eagle GX bike
- £4,749 / approx EUR 5,420 / approx US$4,920 for the Gold XT bike
- £6,549 / approx EUR 7,470 / approx US$6,780 for the dream build eeWings/X01 equipped Platinum bike
- £2,399 / approx EUR 2,750 / approx US$2,499 frame with shock,
- Delivery is included within the UK, Europe, USA, and Canada.
Head to the Cotic Bikes webpage for more details and ordering information.