We think that 2013 has been a fantastic year here on Singletracks.com, and in particular we’ve published some awesome content here on the blog. But you know what the best part? We’ve had a ton of fun along the way!
In case you may have missed them, here are some (but not all) of the best articles that we’ve published over the past 12 months:
This top 10 selection was our most popular article of the year, causing a stir (both positive and negative) around the continent about our choices. If you’re already planning your 2014 summer mountain bike vacation, check out this list for some great ideas!
Long-Term Complete Bike Reviews
In 2013 we completed more long-term mountain bike reviews than we ever have before. If the number of reviews already lined up for early 2014 is any indication, we’ll have just as many, if not more, coming at you over the next 12 months. Be sure to stay tuned to Singletracks for your go-to mountain bike, component, and gear review resource.
- Final Review: Foundry Broadaxe 29er
- Review: Vassago Optimus Ti Mountain Bike Frame
- Review: Raleigh XXIX+G Steel 29er
- Final Review: Trek Superfly 100 AL Pro 29er
- Final Review: Ragley Blue Pig – Squeal Piggy
- Final Review: Diamondback Sortie 3 29er
- Final Review: Norco Aurum 1 Dorado
- Final Review: Fatback Aluminum Deluxe Fat Bike
- Review: Vassago Verhauen 29er
- Final Review: Niner WFO 9
This detailed skills guide covered braking in-depth, and seemed to be quite a popular article.
We introduced Trail API this year, which allows web developers to pull certain information from the Singletracks, Tripleblaze, and SnowToIt databases into their own websites. If you’re in the process of building an outdoors website, this is a fantastic tool that you should definitely investigate.
We love combining mountain biking and camping, and these are 10 fantastic locations to do just that!
Mountain biking isn’t all about going fast. Sometimes, you just have to go slow.
This fall, we ran a detailed survey in an attempt to get a grasp on the current and impending popularity of 650b/27.5″ bikes. The results were shocking, and led this to be one of our most popular articles of the year.
Spring Break Singletrack Trek
Skibum’s epic 8-part coverage of his spring break trip discussed numerous trails all over the Southwest. If you’re planning a spring break trip this year, take your cue from skibum and head to the Southwest!
- Part I: New Mexico
- Part II: Phoenix Phun, Phase One
- Part III: Phoenix Phun, Phase Two
- Part IV: Livin’ on Tucson Time, Take 1
- Part V: Livin’ on Tucson Time, Take 2
- Part IV: P.S. (Prescott/Sedona) I Love You
- Part VII: Takin’ the High Line and Ridin’ the Chuck Wagon in Sedona
- Part VIII: Cortez, Durango, and the Final Recap
Arizona Trail 300
Last, but definitely not least, GimmeAraise published a fantastic 3-part report from the Arizona Trail 300 race. If you missed this other fantastic Southwest adventure, be sure to check it out!
Your Turn: We published hundreds of articles in 2013, and couldn’t possibly feature them all here. Which one was YOUR favorite?