Thanks to a very successful 2013 contest and promotion, the Bell Built Grant is returning for 2014. Just like they did in 2013, “the 2014 program will consist of $100,000 in grants to fund three mountain bike trail projects that create places for a broad spectrum of mountain bikers — which includes any combination of bike park/pump track, flow trails and/or downhill/gravity trails,” according to Bell.
Bell has partnered with IMBA on this grant project, and last year they received over 100 grant applications. Once the winners were chosen, Trail Solutions was utilized to build the trails funded by the Bell Built grant.
Bell Helmets and IMBA will be accepting applications for the grant starting in January and running through February. The finalists will be announced during the first week of March, and then the online voting will commence during April and May. The winners will be announced in May, and construction will begin in June.
Check out the video below for just one of three examples of what Bell Built in 2013:
- News: Bell Built Grant Now Accepting Applications
- News: CAMBr Loses Bell Built Grant, Instead Plans Fundraiser for Andres Bike Park in Carpentersville, IL
- News: Bell Built Finalists Announced
- Video: Bell Built Grant: Ft. Tuthill Bike Park, Flagstaff, Arizona
- Video: Bell Built Grant: Yellow River Bike Park, Atlanta, Georgia