November 16, 2014
My brother and I went in October to Palo Duro Canyon National Park Texas to ride the mountain bike trails.
It was a fantastic place to visit and ride. The cabin in the cows camp was fun but was basic but good. They provide a collage size fridge and a microwave from the late 80s.
Only thing that I would down would be the following:
1. Trail map looked like a elementary class put it together. It is not put together very well nor detail of the trails. The trails themselves are not detailed well either.
2. They should encourage the customers to clean up after their dogs and horses.
3. Only a very small portion of the Canyon is open for bikers per the map. They need to open it up more that includes the whole Canyon.
4. The cabin #2 in the Cow Camp was good for a very basic need. If you have a lot of electronics you might (cameras or cell phone) want to bring a powder strip and a extension cord because there are only 4 plugs (2 plugs are used for the fridge and microwave) in cabin 2. I assume they are all like that.
5. The box spring mattress felt/ looked / smelt as though it had been there for a while. I would recommend taking a sleeping bag, blanket and pillow. The sleeping bag to lay over the provided mattress and the blank for warmth.
6. If you don't like flys then you will want to bring something to kill them or catch them because it was bad when we were there in October.
Otherwise, this place was cool. I can't wait to go back again.
This link provides a ton of pictures of the Canyon.
Palo Duro Canyon National Park Texas: http://youtu.be/L5bq2-Pm0Ac