Designed for long days in big, burly terrain, El Kaboing is our 5" travel, 26" wheeled trail bike.
Crafted of custom-designed scandium alloy tubing, El Kaboing uses a single pivot, flexing seatstay design to activate a custom-tuned Fox RP2 air shock. Most importantly, the seatstays act not just as a frame member, but also as an integral part of the suspension design.
At proper sag, the tuned seatstays provide resistance to pedalinduced bobbing while still remaining sensitive to small bump forces. On larger hits, the flexing seatstays work with the linkage to assist the rear shock in moving through its full stroke.
Use of the flexing seatstays also eliminates the need for a rearward pivot. This increases stiffness in the rear triangle. It also lessens stress on the frame?s remaining pivots and bearings and increases durability.
In an effort to keep your wheels where you want them, lateral stiffness has been maximized through tube butting and shaping, removal of the rear end pivot, a one-piece linkage, and the use of large weld areas in critical places.
Some say it is all in the details: Seven forged parts per frame add strength while keeping the weight down. Fantastic standover clearance encourages the rider to tackle tough terrain. Size-specific cable routing keeps it all clean and appropriately out of the way. Mud clearance abounds even with 2.5" tires. The direct mount, post style disc brake mount offers adaptor-free caliper mounting with 160mm rotors.
All together these details make the El Kaboing the bike of choice for long days in the saddle in big, burly terrain. Climb high and descend fast. Pedal through that rock garden. Carve a precise corner.
El Kaboing. Five inches of fun.
- Scandium, custom-drawn tubeset, 7 forged aluminum parts
- Forged, then CNC-machined, 1-piece 7000-series aluminum linkage with helicoil inserts
- Fox RP2 air shock
- Enduro sealed cartridge bearings
- Designed around 510mm axle to crown 26" fork
- Dual driveside bearings at lower main pivot
- 135mm rear spacing
- Standard 1-1/8? headset
- Seatpost diameter: 31.6mm
- Seatpost clamp: 35.0mm
- Post-mount disc brake mount
- Front derailleur clamp: 34.9mm
- Bottom bracket: 73mm
- Includes Salsa Flip-Lock seat collar
- 125mm rear travel
- For use with 125-140mm travel fork
- Replaceable dropout
- Small (16") frame weighs 6.6 lbs with Fox RP2 air shock
- Color: Battleship Gray