DEADLINE | Our #trailtales contest ends TONIGHT (January 31, 2017) at midnight, so get your last-minute submissions in now!
Calling all current and aspiring writers: Singletracks is launching our first-ever essay contest, #trailtales! Sharpen your quill or dust off your keyboard, here’s what you have to do:
Tell us a true story about a mountain bike adventure that you’ve taken. It could be one that went horribly wrong, or one that went magnificently well. The key is in the telling!
The essay submissions will be judged by our editorial team. The top three winning submissions will be published on Singletracks.com, and the winners will also score prizes from these sweet sponsors (and possibly more… stay tuned):
- Length: 750-2,000 words
- Due Date: January 31, 2017
- Submit your essay as a .RTF document attached to an email, and send it to [email protected] Use the subject line “#trailtales Submission”.
The Fine Print:
- Please include at least one photo along with your essay–photos will make for a great visual element if your submission is chosen for publication on Singletracks! However, the quality of submitted photos will not be taken into consideration during contest judging.
- By submitting an essay for consideration, you agree to allow Singletracks to publish your essay, even if it’s not one of the three prize winners.
- Plagiarism will not be tolerated. Any instance of plagiarism will be grounds for disqualification from the contest.