“Mountain biking is for everyone. You can be slow, you can be fast, you can be experienced, you can want a new challenge, you can simply want to be around friends. Whatever you want to get out of it, mountain biking gives more in return. Whatever level of ability, mountain biking changes lives.
The National Interscholastic Cycling Association (NICA) is the governing body for middle and high school mountain biking in the United States. The idea is that mountain biking can be about more than athletics, and NICA believes in helping student athletes develop strong bodies, minds, and characters.
In 2016, Trek donated $1 million to NICA. You can make a difference. To learn how you can volunteer or start a team or league in your community, visit nationalmtb.org.” -Trek
For more on NICA, be sure to check out these articles:
- “I Wish They Had That When I Was in High School!” How NICA Continues to Inspire
- 5 Benefits of Youth Mountain Biking Programs
- Newly-Formed Pennsylvania NICA League Kicks Off with Successful Inaugural Season
- Reflections on a Season of NICA Racing
- Reflections on a Season of NICA Racing, Part II