On this Episode
In this episode of the Singletracks podcast, Aaron, Greg, and I discuss some common mountain bike mistakes we’ve made or seen others make, and how to avoid those mistakes.
- Buying the absolute cheapest bike or components
- Spending too much on a bike
- Spending money in the wrong places
- Improper bike setup
- Ignoring maintenance intervals
- Washing bikes with high-pressure hoses
- Using the wrong tool for the job
- Being unprepared
- Treating every ride like a race
- Overestimating skills or fitness
- Riding wet trails
- Not getting involved in local trail work
If you’ve learned from a mountain bike mistake we didn’t cover, we’d love to hear about it here.
Support this Podcast
- Review the Singletracks podcast on Apple Podcasts for the chance to win a free hat. Or drop your feedback in the comments below!
- Make a donation to help sustain future episodes.
- Become a Singletracks Pro Supporter.