Guerrilla Gravity (GG) has just announced a brand-new mountain bike in their line, dubbed the “Trail Pistol.” GG is known for high quality, made-in-the-USA (Denver) mountain bikes, and the Trail Pistol will continue that legacy.
In keeping with the latest trends, the ‘Pistol will be available with your choice of wheelsizes: 29″ or 27.5+. According to GG:
“Don’t be held back by the man: pick the wheelsize that’s right for your life. Crush Mode and Plush Mode, accessed via the shock mount flip chip, optimizes the geometry and suspension for 29” wheel-ed crushing or 27.5 Plus wheel-ed plushness–just like the fine velour carpet on the walls of your favorite music venue.”
This flip chip is intended to maintain a consistent bottom bracket height no matter the wheel size–something that other 29/27.5+ bikes haven’t gotten right. Notably, since the flip chip controls the changes in geo from wheelsize to wheelsize, no fork swap is necessary when switching wheels.
The ‘Pistol will offer 120mm of travel, 16.9″ chainstays, and a 66.6-degree head tube angle with a 130mm fork installed. The ‘Pistol comes with a new (for GG) Horst Link suspension design that they’re marketing as the “Freedom Linkage Suspension Platform.”
Pricing (from GG):
- Frame w/ Deluxe RT3 shock: $2,195 (Deluxe R and Super Deluxe RC3 also available)
- Ride 2 build: $2,995; features SRAM GX 11 speed and Level brakes, KS dropper post
- Ride 1 build: $,4495; features XT 8000 11 speed and brakes, Race Face Atlas and Turbine components
- Race build: $5,495; features SRAM X01 drivetrain and Guide RS brakes, Race Face SIXc and Next SL components
- 27.5 Plus wheelsets and tires available on all models
- Build kit customization options available on all models
- Nine powder coat colors and five decal colors available–build a bike that’s unique to you!